Can anyone point me in the direction of blogs that are dedicated to spreading political awareness/discussing current politics/talking about news, or at least frequently have this sort of conversation?
I always feel behind on the news. I don’t expect tumblr to be a replacement for the news/ current events articles/ keeping up to date on my own, but I know that tumblr has a grand variety of blogs, and more of the political/news sort are what I want.
Got my little brother listening to Suicide Silence and Asking Alexandria.
He’s 11 years old.
I am doing ‘influencing’ correctly, yes?
In other news, I am starting to feel the heart burn from all the junk I’ve been eating ;;
Day Ten: One Confession
You all be lucky; you get two day challenges in one day because I am impatient!
Confession: This video tricked me into really enjoying Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj. And I’m not entirely sure how I feel about :p
When I first saw it, it just said “Airport flashmob” and I’d never heard this song before, so I didn’t know who it was by at all, and didn’t pick it up from the voices or from the lyrics.
No Safeway, “Kwist” not “Twist” ;;
Not really sure on these so just going to list whatever I can think of
Sorry Tumblr day challenge
Going to break your rules
Because I can’t list just 5 people, I’d feel bad for leaving anyone out
1. I wish I’d never have kept my love interests a secret.
2. I wish I’d never have cared so little about high school.
3. I wish I’d never have lost contact with my aunts and uncles in California
4. I wish I’d never have started what I did with Ria.
5. I wish I’d never have kept my mouth so quiet and my emotions so distant.
6. I wish I’d never have let that little girl out of my sights.
1. Tolerate, or even better, embrace my sarcasm. I’ll say some stupid lines just for the sake of humor, and if you don’t catch the joke and get offended, we’re going to have a lot of silence. If you fire a stupid line back at me, that’s perfect. If I ever have to think “I wonder if this comment would be too far”, we has a problem. (Because generally I don’t go all that far anyway, but some people man… Some people.)
2. Don’t emphasize on the small things in life. I’ve never found point or enjoyed small talk, and always walked away when people spend too much time conversing over matters that don’t matter for any longer than the duration of the conversation. Talk about recent events, about politics, about concepts of life, about the future, about what doesn’t make any sense to you and you want to spit ball ideas about. Not every conversation has to be philosophical, but if we can have some that are - and are actual conversations… That’d be fantastic.
3. Have some sort of life plan. I understand that we all get too stressed sometimes, we all need to take a break and just do nothing for a few hours or maybe a day… But if your time is consistently spent doing nothing productive, and you’re perfectly okay with that… I’m not.
4. Be competent in something. Be an A+ type of student in some area, or have a good work ethic. (This type of subject has sorta been addressed with the previous ones) I know that not everyone understands everything - those that do are incredible pieces of work, and I’m pretty sure they’re bull shitting half the time. However, don’t be someone who looks at something they don’t understand and say “Oh fuck it, not important, not even going to try to understand this because I know I never will”(Granted, there are some times when that is necessary, but if you think that on a consistent basis …).
5. I’ve never been very close with my family. I love my dad to death, and my aunts/uncles in California are amazing, but I see them sparingly. I don’t think that people who are close to their family are grotesque or wrong, but understand that I’ve never really felt that bond. I love the idea of starting a family of my own, of being a family man, but moreso with my significant other and my own children than with my own or their parents. If that makes sense.
6. Like to cuddle and have intimate fun and hold hands and let me put my arm around you and kiss you. I know there are a good amount of situations it isn’t appropriate, and I agree with not breaking those boundaries… But if you’re distant even in the area of our own home, all the time, it’ll make for a sad Tim.
7. I’d love someone who will be help me grow in life too. Teach me something, expose me to new things, argue with me about a different viewpoint. We can’t be the same person because then we’ll just agree on everything and it’ll be silent far too often. Have some of the same interests as me, sure, but don’t /be/ me.
8. Be committed. I’m pretty lenient I think on flirting and hanging out with other guys and what not, and that screwed me over the first time but it hasn’t made me paranoid. If I say anything about you backing off other guys, it’s because I’m not the only one who thinks it is too far and I’ve thought on it a lot. If you don’t agree with me, let’s talk about it. I’m not picky about ex’s unless they are still interested in you and are pursuing you - then I get rather easily annoyed because you continuing contact with them encourages their pursuit.